Friday 28 April 2017

May News

Over Easter I made a start on a new series you could call this a branch project! More of that to be revealed as I make progress, more imminently its Buxton Spa Prize time and I will endeavour to create a piece of work worthy of this great show I’m excited to see what venue I will be given each year sends me off to new parts of Buxton to explore with varying results!
Currently I am showing work at Derby Teaching Hospitals as part of their 10 exhibition I also have work in an exhibition at Framework, The Old Red Bus Station in Leeds.
    
I’ve been finishing off a few projects that I intended to do before Christmas and one of the projects was my photo book of my series Views from the Derwent Valley, within the book is a short explanation of how the series came about and full colour images of all the artworks. It is square, 7×7 in, (18×18 cm) and 44 pages. If you know of anyone who loves the Derwent Valley World Heritage site it would make a great gift for them. The book is available  here as an e-book on iTunes or as a softcover or hard cover. You can also preview the images from my book in the video at the bottom of this blog.
I will have my proof copy of the photo book with me at the events listed below along with order forms for it or for any prints from within it. By ordering direct from me you will save on the postage charges.

Events

My home town of Belper is running its very successful arts festival all through May kicking off with the art trail Sunday April 30thand Monday May 1st  10.30 am – 4 pm there will be over 140 artists located across the town centre in shops and various venues, I will be showing in venue 1 of the trail this year at Number 28 Market Place along with 5 other artists and the art cafĂ© where you will be able to get the trail brochure/badges and grab a coffee and cake.
Click for details
At the end of the month its Derbyshire Open Arts weekend where you will find me at Fritchley Congregational Church, Chapel Street, Fritchley, Belper DE56 2FR with the outstanding talented group Medley we all use different medias so there will be a variety of work to look at. Please join us for a preview event 5-8pm Friday 27th May. Then we are open Sat – Mon 10 – 5pm.
Click for details
The following week June 3rd and 4th I will be co-hosting Derbyshire’s first Fresh and Unframed Event Purple and Greys new concept for selling affordable artwork. This will take place at Tansley Village Hall just outside of Matlock.
All the artwork is original and between £10 and £100 all artwork is new work and all is unframed allowing the public to purchase good quality work at an affordable price. We have some fabulous artists signed up already, if you are an artist there is still time to submit expressions of interest please look at the website.
Click for details
Views From The Derwent Valley. 

I look forward to hopefully seeing you at the above events.

No comments:

Post a Comment