Friday 6 April 2018

Ashbourne Workshop in the Rain.

A couple of weeks ago I ran my workshop at St John Street Gallery in Ashbourne, in my head I had the idea that March would be the perfect time to get outside and do a bit of sketching!
Well as you all know its been brutal weather in Derbyshire and standing outside in pouring rain was not ideal.
Although actually looking back you get some interesting results and memories.
I managed to find us shelter in a doorway and we actually got some decent sketches and funny looks as we tried to capture the scene in front of us.
 Today I revisited the painting I started and totally destoryed it and brought it back again I think this captures how blumin cold and wet and freezing we were!

A Late Winter in Ashbourne by Ruth Gray.


The next date for a street scene workshop is June 12th details here hopefully not pouring down but glorious sunshine.

Id love you to book on so we can have a great creative day together.  Any abilities are welcome.

While you are here I have a brand new mailing list be great if you could sign up no more than six a year! Subscribe Here

No comments:

Post a Comment